25 Mar COVID-19 UPDATES
A message from SABC President, Bill Yeo https://southadelaidebasketball.com.au/wp-content/uploads/2020/03/President-Letter-30-03-2020.pdf
Junior District, Youth League, Seniors and SDJBL Domestic 2020 winter season has been postponed indefinitely.
Basketball South Australia Media Post: http://www.basketballsa.com.au/news-and-events/news/basketball-sa-statement-covid-19-update-march-25?fbclid=IwAR2TFGdFHTnxshuJZ8MGyYUa_kUCSGFPrhFG3L7QUy54ErTBllsu1D3bKNA
Basketball SA and Basketball Adelaide will continue to monitor the COVID-19 situation, and subject to the Australian Government lifting the ban on indoor sporting facilities, will look at options to run a truncated Senior State Competition, with the format yet to be determined.
Basketball South Australia Media Post: http://www.basketballsa.com.au/news-and-events/news/basketball-sa-statement-covid-19-and-nbl1-2020
A message from SABC President, Bill Yeo https://southadelaidebasketball.com.au/wp-content/uploads/2020/03/Message-from-SABC-President-20-03-2020.pdf
South Adelaide Basketball Club is continuing to take the utmost care in staying up to date and providing members with information as developments arise.
We will continue to adhere to Basketball South Australia’s (BSA) and Basketball Australia’s (BA) recommendations and restrictions and await their further instruction. Updates can be found on BSA’s dedicated COV1ID-19 page http://www.basketballsa.com.au/covid-19.
All club activities will remain suspended including competitions, programs and trainings until further notice. We are currently restricted due to the non-availability of BSA and school venues (including Marion Stadium) however, we are endeavouring to see how we can return to playing and training safely under Federal Government and BSA guidelines.
A more detailed email is coming out from the Club President tonight addressing the situation.
To ensure the safety of our members and wider community, restrictions have been placed on all club activities.
- NO District games including Juniors, Youth League and Seniors until further notice
- NO SDJBL Domestic League games until further notice
- All NBL1 Central games have been postponed until at least the 18th April 2020
- NO District or Domestic trainings up to and including Saturday 21st March 2020
- NO Group training, shooting or fitness sessions up to and including Saturday 21st March 2020
- Individual sessions run by SABC coaches may proceed but under strict guidelines HOWEVER MUST FIRST BE APPROVED by South Adelaide’s Basketball Development Manager, Richard Dickel.
- NO Mini Panther sessions up to and including Saturday 21st March 2020
SABC committee and staff will be meeting over the week to discuss SABC activities past the 21st March 2020. Decisions will be made in line with Basketball South Australia and Basketball Australia determinations and comply with Federal and State Government restrictions and recommendations.
We thank you for your understanding and support.