At SABC, each team has a nominated team manager who is usually a parent or guardian of one of the registered players. The Team Manager acts as the first point of contact for parents and carries out administrative duties on behalf of the team. The Team Manager is generally responsible for off-court team management activities and to liaise with parents, players, the coach and Club administration. Team Managers work closely with the coach to bring about a high level of team spirit and camaraderie.
The main esponsibility of the Team Manager is communication. The Team Manager must contact the players, their families and the coach about game schedules, fixture changes and any relevant club or association news. Players and their families are to advise the team manager of any player absences or injuries that effect games and trainings. Please provide your contact details to the team and Club administration.
Team Managers are also responsible for the following:
PRIOR TO THE START OF SEASON
- Attend games and assist the coach and players on the bench.
- Prior to the start o the game:
- Check off player names in Stadium Scoring and ensure player numbers are correct
- Collect player tickets
- Fill out player names on score sheet
- Collect game day money and give to score table
You will find it beneficial to have a list of all your players along with their player numbers to take with you to each game so that you do not have to rely on your memory.
- Make sure every player has a drink bottle and towel at the bench at game commencement. Refill water bottles when required.
- Assist with injuries and issues during the game including obtaining ice for immediate first aid when required.
- Maintain the team’s First Aid kit. Ensure that the First Aid kit is at all training sessions and matches. Strapping tape is not supplied by the club. The canteen has supplies of tape at competitive prices.
- Do not allow non-team members (including parents or siblings) to sit on the player’s bench.
- At the end of the game, encourage players to clear the bench area quickly so that the next team may prepare for their game.
TOURNAMENTS, EVENTS & FUNDRAISING
The club thanks you for your support!!